Driving under the influence of alcohol is not only the wrong thing to do, the potential for being arrested is high. At the same time, it is good these laws are in place to protect the safety of all. There are a few things everyone should be aware of concerning DUI facts and penalties
Facts about DUI
- Many people do not consider themselves to be drunk because they have a high tolerance. Regardless of tolerance and “practice” driving drunk, having serious accidents is always possible. The use of stimulants, such as coffee, will not lead to sobriety.
- In the United States alone, there is a person injured in DUI related accidents every two minutes.
- The average drunk driver will drive up to 80 times before getting caught by police, finally ending in a dui arrest.
- When you are pulled over for drunk driving, you will go to jail. There is no escaping this fact. Contact a DUI attorney immediately to find out what you can do.
- If the DUI accident did not result in death or physical harm to any parties, your lawyer can push for lower fines. Otherwise, you will be facing high penalties. The attorneys will be able to assist with this too.
The basic facts of how arrests for driving under alcohol intoxication are obvious. At some point, drunk drivers do end up getting arrested. For best results, simply do not drive after drinking. Actual penalties vary from state to state, but all states charge financial penalties and sometimes jail.
Regardless of the situation, a good lawyer will be able to help get the minimum penalties. In fact, some DUI charges can get dropped. It all depends on proper legal representation. Never try to take on such a task alone. If you do, there is little to no chance of light penalties.